This exhibition evokes the history of the exhibitions of the Club’s collection in their own places over the years. It begins with the first public trophies’ exhibition that we have records of, dating from 1910, and ends with the Benfica Museum – Cosme Damião inaugurated in 2013. A special emphasis is given to the Trophy Room, completely remodelled in 1970, located where this exhibition takes place.
The aim of the exhibition is to show the visitor the difference between past and present museological methods: the past and traditional method focused on showing quantity over all other aspects versus Benfica Museum – Cosme Damião’s contemporary vision focused on the communication of memories.
Additionally this exhibition also serves as a tribute to Álvaro Curado and Joaquim Macarrão, two historical custodians of the Club’s collection.
Ana Saraiva Rosa